Monday, February 21, 2011

Growth = Change

Romans 12:2 says, "Do not copy the the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect His will really is".

I share this with you for it is the truth. Growth requires change. Without change, there is no growth. Personally, I believe in myself so much, all I wish is to change. Not for the worse but for the better. I wish not to conform to these worldly ideas but those of the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ, and his Diciples. Most of us know that change is inevitable. Everybody has to deal with it in their lives. On the other hand, growth is optional, the eaiser path, the road less traveled. You can choose to grow or to fight it. But know this: People unwilling to grow will never reach their potential. Again, growth requires change.

Most people celebrate when they recieve their diploma or degree and say to themselves, "Thank goodness that's over. I'm done with studying". But that kind of thinking doesn't take you any higher than average. Before letting you go, I wish to ask you these two questions. How are you resisting growth in your own life? How can you dedicate yourself to it?

I choose you Lord!

1 comment:

  1. How has this inspired me? I will tell you :)
    Nothing comes easy, and if it does, was or is it really worth it?
    Changing can be a challenge, but I believe it's all mental. Naturally we want to stay as comfortable as possible. With changing nothing gets more uncomfortable.
    It makes me think... Striving for a Godly life... How could it possibly go wrong?
    I'm rambling, but your post has done nothing but inspired me... Good work. I've got nothing but belief in you. :)

    ReplyDelete