Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. Be strong and very courageous. Obey all the laws Moses gave you. Do not turn away from them and you will be successful in everything you do. Joshua 1:7
==> Before I plagiarize the book, I want to say thank you for those who read this and follow. You are the ones who inspire me to continue and stay the course. This message stands out to me for several reasons. Obviously the title means more than just to stay the course. What does that mean to stay the course? To me, it means to keep on. Setting a goal, to achieve a small victory, in the pursuit of a dream. I pray that my dream is the one that God also has for me. I talk to him regularly, and this is what he leads me to share; "Stay the course"! Simply said.
To be intentional means working with purpose making every action count. Successful leaders are intentional. They know what they're doing and why they're doing it. To become more intentional, do the following:
1. Have a purpose worth living for: Willis R. Whitney, the first director of General Electric's research laboratory, observed, "Some men have thousands of reasons why they cannot do what they want to, when all they need is one reason why the can".
2. Know your strengths and weaknesses: Playing to your strengths rekindles your passions and renews your energy.
3. Prioritize your responsibilities: Once you know the "WHY" of your life, it becomes much easier to figure out the "WHAT" and "WHEN".
4. Learn to say no: You can not accomplish much without focus. If you try to do every good thing that comes your way, you won't excel at what you were made to do.
5. Commit yourself to long-term achievement: Most victories in life are achieved through small incremental wins sustained over time.
(Brought to you by - The 17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player)
How intentional are you in your daily actions?
Joshua 1:9-8 (yes that is backwards) says "I command you - be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go! Study this Book of the Law continually. Meditate on it day and night so you may be sure to obey all that is written in it. Only then you will succeed!"